Information for Competitors
Ahead of the Competition
During the Competition
The venue will open officially on May 20, 2021. Training will be offered on May 20 and May 21, 2021 from 9:00 to 17:00 h. Competition days are May 22 and May 23, 2021 with races between 9:00 and 15:30 h.
- Thursday, 20 May: Training
- Friday, 21 May: Training, Draw and Opening Ceremony
- Saturday, 22 May: Heats & Repechages
- Sunday, 23 May: Semi-Finals, Finals & Closing Moment
The reservation deadline for guaranteed bookings of rooms in the team hotels is March 15, 2021.
The payment terms are 50% pre-payment until March 31, 2021 and 50% final payment until April 30, 2021.
- Up to April 9, 2021 – no cancellation fees
- Up to April 16, 2021 – 50% cancellation fees of full amount
- Up to April 23, 2021 – 80% cancellation fees of full amount
- After April 23, 2021 – 100% cancellation fees of full amount
Due to the current situation, rates for hotels cannot be confirmed at the moment. A number of the initially selected hotels do not exist anymore or have a different ownership. We are eagerly working on finalizing and adapting the new hotel offering, however, this will not happen before January 2021.
The rates for the hotels in 2021 therefore may be slightly higher than originally forecast.
The prices will include breakfast and dinner at the hotel and lunch at the venue as well as VAT.
Online bookings for transport and accommodation will be available early 2021.
Munich International Airport pick-up and drop-off as well as a shuttle service (Thursday to Sunday) between the event hotels and the venue will be arranged for all teams that book their accommodation via the organising committee.
Online bookings for transport and accommodation will be available online early 2021.
For citizens of the European Union as well as citizens of the Schengen Area no additional visa is required to enter Germany. Citizens of the following countries need to apply for a visa at an embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany:
- Albania (not for citizens with biometric passports)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (not for citizens with biometric passports)
- Georgia (not for citizens with biometric passports)
- Moldova (not for citizens with biometric passports)
- North Macedonia (not for citizens with biometric passports)
- Ukraine (not for citizens with biometric passports)
For complete and current information about visa requirements, please see www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/-/231148.
For information of the Federal Foreign Office about the visa process as well as requesting visas, please see www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/visabestimmungen-node.
The Draw will take place on Friday, 21 May 2021 at 17:00 h in the Team Managers’ Meeting Room on the ground floor of the regatta building close to the finish tower.
The Draw will be streamed live via World Rowing’s social media channel on Facebook.
The traffic rules will be published here asap.